Imagine eating, speaking and smiling with confidence. If you have missing teeth or unreliable dentures, you might not be able do any of those things with the self-confidence you need to put your best face forward. With affordable dental implants from Dr. Gabriel Roybal, DDS in Santa Fe, NM, near the Los Alamos, NM area, you can get your real smile back.
About Dental Implants
Are you unfamiliar with dental implants? Perhaps less known than other restorative dentistry measures, dental implants are another safe, cost-effective solution to tooth loss offered by Dr. Roybal. Some facts about dental implants:
- Dental implants are stronger and more durable than crowns, bridges and removable partial dentures
- Dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss
- Dental implants are cavity-resistant and
- Dental implants can be used to support dental bridges and dental crowns.
If you lost teeth due to periodontal disease or a dental emergency, ask Dr. Roybal if dental implants are right for you. While there are many viable restorative options for replacing missing teeth, dental implants are among the most functional, dependable and effective.
What are Mini Dental implants?
Mini dental implants are similar to other dental implants, only smaller. Often, Dr. Roybal will use these for patients with insufficient bone or gum tissue for full implants. They do not contain a screw and are approximately half the width of traditional dental implants. Mini implants are also less costly. Depending on your oral tissues, oral hygiene and personal habits, Dr. Roybal will advise you of the most appropriate and affordable treatment plan.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Your affordable dental implants will be placed in your mouth in three steps:
- Step 1: First, Dr. Roybal will place a small titanium post into the jaw bone so the artificial tooth has a solid base for support. This anchor will actually bond with the surrounding bone within three to six months.
- Step 2: Next, a connector will be screwed into the anchor to provide support for the crown.
- Step 3: Lastly, Dr. Roybal will complete the dental implant procedure by mounting the artificial teeth into the connector.
Like all of his work, Dr. Roybal is meticulous with your dental implants. He will take painstaking care that your implants are placed properly, affording maximum functionality and aesthetics. When it’s painful to smile—either physically or emotionally—contact Dr. Roybal to set up an appointment for affordable dental implants.